Welcome to MHR Golf
No prior experience is necessary.
Team and individual rounds of golf take place on a weekly basis through Southside Catholic Conference. The “season” consists of four weeks of ‘tournament’ rounds (9 holes) and a final Championship round. Golf rounds will be played on the following dates:
Players must play in 3 of the 4 weekly tournaments in order to qualify for the Championship Week. The first four rounds will serve as qualifying for the Championships. The best three scores will serve as a player’s qualifying score. The top 4 boys and top 4 girls from MHR will play for the League Team Championship.
Day of Play Rules:
- Dress Code:Golf attire including collared shirt, shorts/skirt/pants, socks and golf/gym shoes.
- Players must have their own clubs, balls, tees, ball markers and divot repair tool in order to play.
- Goal is to finish 9 holes in 2.5 hours or less
- Players keep score for a competitor in their group
- Circle 9 for scoring – once you hit 9, you pick up ball and move to next hole to keep up the pace of play
- Hazards: All water and out of bounds will be played as lateral hazards. Drop ball and add one stroke for the penalty.
- Lost Balls: This is played as a 1 stroke penalty but no loss of distance. Drop a ball close to where you thought your ball was and continue play.
Because each week is a tournament competition, this is not to be considered an instructional league.
Matches are played at Meadows Golf Course, Blue Island, Il. (Located on 123rd St just east of Kedzie – Map it)
It is recommended that if your child has little or no prior golf experience to participate in a free rules seminar.
When: Monday, March 16 from 4:00 to 5:30
Where: Chicago District Golf Association (CDGA) – 11855 Archer Avenue, Lemont, IL 60439 – Map it
It is also recommended that if your child has little or no prior golf experience to participate in a $10 clinic run by Marist Golf Coach Jim Barker and Benedictine Women’s Golf Coach Jason Kroese.
When: Monday, April 6th from 4:00 to 6:00
Where: The Meadows Golf Course, Blue Island, Il. (Located on 123rd St just east of Kedzie – Map it)
Cost: $10 (please make cash or check payment to Jim Barker)